Wednesday 12 December 2012

Songs for Christmas


Less than two weeks to go until Christmas, and one week exactly until I fly back to England - I've purchased my Christmas(ish) jumper, I've eaten my first mince pie and drunk my first (ok, and second and third) glass of mulled wine. I'm feeling festive.

So I thought I'd make up a little Christmas mix of the songs that have been accompanying me as I've baked cookies, botched home-made wreaths and attempted to DIY Christmas cards this year.

And yes, it has Fairytale of New York on it. Because however many times I hear it piped through tinny shopping centre speakers , it never induces murderous feelings. Wham! on the other hand...

1. The Midnight Clear, Sufjan Stevens

2. Carol Of The Bells, the bird and the bee

3. Baby, It's Cold Outside, Rufus Wainwright and Sharon Van Etten

4. Christmas Night in Harlem, Louis Armstrong and his All Stars

5. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home), Slow Club

6. Home For The Holidays, Emmy The Great and Tim Wheeler

7. Horchata, Vampire Weekend

8. Just Like Christmas, Low

9. Christmas Wrapping, Summer Camp

10. Wonderful Christmastime, The Shins

11. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, She & Him

12. The Christmas Party, The Walkmen (featuring Nicole Sheahan)

13. Merry Christmas, I Love You, James Brown

14. I Wish It Was Christmas Today, Julian Casablancas

15. Santa Baby, Eartha Kitt

16. Fairytale of New York, The Pogues featuring Kirsty MacColl

16. Xmas Riff, Marc Bolan

You can, as always, listen to the full playlist on Spotify.

And, just in case all mention of Christmas is making you want to hide in a corner and listen to something that doesn't involve sleigh bells, may I recommend the ultimate anti-Christmas tune?

Merry Christmas!





0 comments:

Post a Comment