Monday 17 October 2011

Flea market finds: my new mirror

A return trip to the flea market, with a little bit more focus and a clearer idea of budget, yielded actual spoils. Also a minor altercation with a disgruntled mother and daughter, but that's a whole other story.

So without further ado, I give you my new mirror. (This is where you applaud.)

Why hello, my pretty.

Not bad for $25, I think. Shabby chic (ugh, I hate that phrase) without being too shabby or too chic, and a decent size without either dominating the wall or being prohibitively pricey. It's currently sitting on the dining room table alongside two of my other new purchases - glass cakestands. Obviously that's merely a temporary home, I have a spot directly above the sofa reserved for it once I've bought me a hammer.

And that's not all. I also came away with these babies.

C9LI4!

According to the very sweet lady manning the stall, these letterpress lovelies date from the mid nineteenth century to the 1920s, and come from Detroit. The E is actually a 9, and the A is a 4 - I love the E, but if an A comes up at any point in the future, I might do a little switcharoo. For now though, I think this arrangement looks pretty good. And best of all, they're totally portable if and when I go back to England.

0 comments:

Post a Comment