Saturday 9 February 2013

Aloha!

Guess where I'm going?


Hawaii, baby!

Or more specifically, Maui.

I have to admit, Hawaii had never particularly appealed to me - I'd envisaged, well, America. But with more than an average amount of tourists, and way more than an acceptable number of honeymooners. It just didn't seem like a great destination for independent travel.

But then I started reading Alex in Wanderland's posts about Hawaii. And by the end of her descriptions of amazing coastlines, hikes, wildlife and general chilling, I was sold.

And luckily, with all the transatlantic to-ing and fro-ing I've been doing over the past few years, I've racked up a few air miles. So my return flights from LA to Maui in April are costing me a grand total of....

Wait for it (it's worth it, I promise)

£3.20.

Imagine my GIANT SMUG SMILE OF PURE JOY when I realised this, if you will.

It's going to be a flying visit - the plan is to be back in time for Coachella, so I only have four days. But I'm pretty sure my friend A and I (and hopefully another friend too) can get some serious exploring/beach-lounging/partying done in that time!

Because, as has been well-documented previously, it's not a proper tropical holiday unless there's a cocktail or two.




0 comments:

Post a Comment