Sunday 11 December 2011

Rockin' around the Christmas tree

New York City + December = AMAZEBALLZ.

I flew out early on Friday morning, and back on Saturday evening. There was some work thrown in. All of which meant limited time for exploring.

But I still managed to see Bryant Park's ice-rink and Christmas tree, the Rockefeller Plaza ice-rink and Christmas tree, the Central Park ice-rink (can you spot a theme here?), and some pretty awesome Christmas lights and decorations.



I somehow dragged myself out of bed at 6.30am (3.30 LA time - insanity) to wander around the park and admire the wide array of dogs being walked. Then, before I had to head back to the airport, I squeezed in (deep breath here): Greenwich Village, and a Magnolia Bakery cupcake; a jaunt around the Meatpacking District; the high-line up to Chelsea; the Christmas market at Columbus Square, complete with gluhwein and bratwurst, and a final walk back through the park to my hotel.




The weather was cold enough for me to sport my new yellow scarf (and to sincerely wish I'd brought some gloves to America with me), the work I had to do went well - all in all, it wasn't a bad 36 hours...

I am now feeling so festive, and so ready to head back to England, home of mulled wine, mince pies, Christmas cake and Winter Pimms - just over a week to go!

1 comments:

S said...

And it can't come soon enough! S x

Post a Comment