Sunday 22 May 2011

First impressions

So... tomorrow I'll have been here a week, and I feel like I should probably give some kind of description of how it's all going so far. The problem is that I can't really articulate it.

There are things I can definitely say - the sun is nice. Having a pool is extremely cool. Driving on the right and working out all the intersections is freakin' terrifying. TV with constant ad breaks is already driving me totally nuts.

But I've been focusing on just finding my feet - opening a bank account, working on my driving - and taking my theory test - flat hunting. Everything is new and exciting, and all the chores and errands keep me busy, but the last couple of days I've been feeling a little lost. I hope that if the apartment I've found works out, that'll give me something positive to focus on, but the idea of going out and finding friends in this enormous city just seems like an absolutely mammoth task at the moment.

Anyway, I think I'm just having one of those wobbly moments - I'm sure tomorrow, if the sun's shining, I'll be ready to tackle whatever comes my way...

0 comments:

Post a Comment