Wednesday 20 April 2011

Progress Report

So I have a visa - success! After a lot of form filling, a hefty fee, and a morning sitting at the British Embassy surrounded by men carrying big scary machine guns*, America, in all its wisdom, decided to let me come and hang out for a while.

Flights: Check. Visa: Check. Leaving party date (one needs to prioritise the important things, like getting drunk with your friends and work colleagues): Check. I've even got as far as going through my wardrobe and bin-bagging three jackets, a couple of old pairs of jeans and some skirts.

On the other hand, I still haven't sorted a hire car, found anywhere to stay in LA, either short-term or on a more permanent basis, or, well, done anything else. And I still haven't found the emotional strength to begin The Big Shoe Cull of 2011. I'm building up to it by slowly pulling out individual shoes and stroking them a bit, so they know they're loved, even if they don't make the final cut...

But more importantly, I have a wedding to go to this weekend, a bridesmaid's dress to squeeze myself into and (clearly) some crying to do as one of my best friends gets hitched. Yay for weddings. Yay for nice brides who don't force their friends into puffball monstrosities, and yay for the beautiful venue, which is in a place I've never been before!

Laters. xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment