Wednesday 14 August 2013

Weekending


I didn't really know south London before I moved here. I'd always lived north, or east.

Plus I'd been away from London for two years, and London is a fast-moving city. Restaurants open and close, areas gentrify in the blink of an eye. Buildings get demolished and giant skyscrapers pop up on the skyline.

What that means, basically, is that every time I get a free weekend to venture out and about, it feels a bit like an adventure. Like I'm a tourist in the city I've lived in for most of my adult life. In a good way.

Last weekend was a quietly great one. A Friday night dinner here with cocktails and lamb and stinky cheese, with a housemate who not only tolerates me getting snap-happy over my food, she actively encourages it.

A lazy Saturday, and then a Sunday that involved veggie brunch and cute cats and girl chat. Then lots and lots of wandering, through Dulwich and Herne Hill and Brixton, with nowhere I had to be, no time constraints, no plan. No pressure.


I like London.

1 comments:

A said...

Beautiful pics! x

Post a Comment