Thursday 31 May 2012

Moonrise Kingdom


Go see it. Just go. Put down your glass of wine/cup of tea/work/iphone game, and go. Go now.

You won't regret it (unless you're one of that small population who find Wes Anderson films so deeply irritating and self-consciously quirky they make you want to claw your eyes out wih a pencil. You should probably steer clear, because I'm guessing you quite enjoy having eyes).

Personally, I like Wes (we met once, which makes us practically BFFs). I even quite liked the Darjeeling Limited, which I know didn't have the greateest reception. But Moonrise Kingdom is, I think,  my favourite of his movies since the Royal Tenenbaums.

Ed Norton is awesome. Bruce Willis was surprisingly great too. And - actually, I just typed a whole bunch of stuff about the world that Anderson creates, how distinctive it is, blah blah blah. But you can see that for yourself (or read an actual film review by an actual film critic).

So. Yeah. Just go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment