Friday 16 December 2011

Round-up: May

At 2.30am on May 16, 2011, you could have found me sitting on my suitcase while my friend desperately attempted to zip it up.

At 6.30am, I was up, about and desperately jettisoning even more of my belongings (my poor housemates inherited a few unwanted items of flotsam and jetsam that day).

And by midday, I was onboard a plane heading for the west coast of America and everything it had to offer.

See this blurry piece of goodness? My first EVAH In-n-Out. A historic moment.

But that's not all that May consisted of. Don't be silly.

It kicked off with another BEAUTIFUL wedding, deep in the East Anglian countryside, complete with gorgeous bride, some of the prettiest flowers I've seen in a while and an extremely raucous dance-floor.


There was a lovely going away bash with an array of work colleagues past and present, friends from school, university and London town, and plenty of wine.

There was a second trip to Amsterdam - and this one involved a little messing about on the river. And by messing about, I really mean breaking down in the middle of a canal (in the most adorable little orange boat, the Good Ship Orangina) and having to work out an exit strategy.

And finally, on my last weekend in England, there was another celebration - and another hen weekend, this time for my friend N. Let's just say that Center Parcs brought out my competitive edge... and saying goodbye to my gaggle of schoolfriends left me somewhat emotional.

0 comments:

Post a Comment