Friday 11 November 2011

Urban fatigue

This morning I looked out of my window onto a pair of women in their twenties having a full-on screaming match over a parking space. One was driving a black Range Rover, and the other one was behind the wheel of a Mercedes - I can only assume these are professional, affluent people.

Right now there's a helicopter circling above my building, and someone is impatiently beeping a car horn at the nearest junction.


All I can think about today is going for a walk in the countryside, on a super-cold, frosty English morning - preferably with two spaniels in tow.

There will be no helicopters. There will be no road rage. No noise pollution. There might be some rooks. Some rabbits. And maybe the occasional cow.

Less than 6 weeks to go....

0 comments:

Post a Comment