Monday 13 June 2011

28 days

I can't believe I've been here a month already. I'm sitting, surrounded  by unpacked suitcases and books that don't yet have a place to live, in my new home.

It's the first time I've ever lived by myself. And even though I know I might not be here for that long, I can't stop myself nesting - to which end, I've invested in some crappy thrifted furniture, a few cans of spraypaint, and covered my balcony in binbags. (I'm praying that when I untape them there won't be three different shades of paint ornamenting the newly redone floor...)

I've been busily and geekily documenting my haphazard attempts at DIY - but for now I thought I'd mark my four-week anniversary with a few views.

The view from my new apartment


Pizza...


My little home office (and my first DIY project)


My most favourite running spot


From the roof of the Standard Hotel, downtown

People who say this city is ugly are nuts - the sky is so huge, and the strange pockets of green space in amongst all the sprawl are incredible. Architecturally, admittedly, it's no Prague - but look how shiny and purdy downtown is...

The last few days have been super-hectic, and work is going to be really busy over the next week or so - but after that the plan is to get out of Hollywood, find my way over to the beach in daylight hours, and explore some more. I'm looking forward to it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment